ISID and the Swiss Society for Infectious Diseases (SSI) jointly sponsor the SSI/ISID Infectious Diseases Research Fellowship Program.
The purpose of this Fellowship Program is to support infectious disease physicians and scientists from under-resourced countries through multidisciplinary clinical and laboratory training at select biomedical institutions in Switzerland.
The objectives of the Fellowship Program are:
- To train promising young physicians and scientists from under-resourced countries for clinical and research positions in infectious diseases.
- To foster partnerships between fellows and infectious disease leaders in Switzerland.
- To increase scientific research capacity in under-resourced/high disease burden countries.
SSI/ISID fellowships are open to residents of low and middle income countries as classified by the World Bank who have either a M.D. or Ph.D. in a relevant field and hold a position at a medical, research or public health institution.
Applications should be made using our online submissions system and include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A letter of commitment from the applicant’s home institution guaranteeing position upon completion of the fellowship
- Letter of recommendation
- Personal statement describing career goals and objectives, and relevance of training
The deadline for applications is April 24, 2020.
The term of the Fellowship is for one year. The start date will be determined by arrangement between the host institution and the Fellow.
A financial stipend of up to 50,000 CHF per year (approximately $51,000 USD) will be given to Fellows to cover travel costs and living expenses. The program intends to award one fellowship every year.