About SRM Institute of Sci & Tech
SRM Institute of science and technology has been a trailblazer in the field of education for over 30 years, creating a disseminating knowledge and providing students a rostrum to explore the different nuance of fine arts, literature and culture. As one steps into the campus, one comes across a divergent and distinguished culture bubbling with effervescene and exuberance.
SRM Institute of science and technology stands out as a premier centre of learning with a mission to attract and build people in a rewarding and inspiring environment by fostering freedom, creativity and innovation.
Srujan 2019 is a Civil Engineering Symposium going to be conducted by SRM University on Aug 30. There are a number of technical and non-technical events. The prizes are worth Rs. 100K.
- Bridge modelling: 1 – bridge should be made of popsicle sticks only
2 – Load testing will be done by applying load on the structure
3 – Bridge should have supports only at the ends or near the ends
4 – there shouldn’t be any supports in the middle.
5 – The bridge which withstands maximum load will be declared as winner.
- Cad Contest: Do you think your are the best in Auto-Cad drawings? Wanted know how the world deals CAD, and then here is the competition for you. Problem statement basically tests your planning, designing skills, time utilization and CAD skills.
- Paper Presentation: The presentation should be in power-point/ PDF form, and should be mailed to email@example.com. Themes are:
1. Dream vision of Concrete India in 22nd Century.
2. Most amazing structure in the world- Construction and design aspects.
3. Sustainable Concrete.
4. Chennai Flood-Causes and Remedial Measures.
5. Disaster Resistant Structures.
6. Recycle and Reuse of water, Bio Waste and Construction Material.
7. GIS & Remote sensing for Disaster Mitigation and Management.
8. Construction Management – Strategies for Construction Industry Development.
9. Transportation Engineering.
- Poster presentation
- Brain Teaser (quiz)
- Photography: -The topic will be announced on spot, So do come with you’re camera
-Both phone and DSLR are allowed for the Photography Event.
-The image should be submitted in JPEG format in pen-drive.
-No old photos will be allowed, Only on SPOT images will be permitted.
-Both Phone and DSLR Photography will be conducted separately.
Rs. 200/- is the registration fee. Early bird registration is Rs. 150/-
Phone- Naveen, 9940598022
For more information, visit the official site by clicking here.