SRM University Model United Nations [Chennai, Feb 9-11]: Registrations Open
Divine discontent drives us, as we set out to break the wheel, and set the stage for something so spectacular. Witness this grand resurgence.
To move past infinitesimally spaced out barriers of stagnancy has been our motive, along with inducing a dynamic that creates an ideal platform for leaders with the required organising skills: leaders whose opinions determine policies of tomorrow’s world. Over the years, we have created a healthy community of young and enthusiastic minds, truly capable of engaging in the art of diplomacy.
With a wonderful precedence set, placing us as the forerunners of this experiential learning experiment, we drew up for ourselves a sketch that would most gracefully carry forward our responsibility of expanding this community, as we grow as an organisation.
Your support and love for us has been our sole motivation to push further past our capabilities to give you the best. We are overwhelmed to be a part of this educational process, and we promise to take it up with utmost sincerity and dedication.
Here’s to hoping that your love for us grows from here on out, to propel us past our flaws and mistakes.
With this in mind, it gives us immense pleasure and honour in welcoming you all to the seventh edition of SRM MUN – the MUN that has conjured up a sublime balance of quantity and unwavering quality.
1. North Atlantic Treaty Organisation:
- Formulate a Trans-National NATO Counter-terrorism strategy to combat Modern Extremism and Terrorism.
- Devising a new Strategic Policy Framework for the years 2018-2022.
2. The United Nations General Assembly – Disarmament and International Security Committee (UNGA-DISEC)
- Prevention of armed conflict.
- Strengthening the role of mediation in the peaceful settlement of disputes, conflict prevention and resolution.
3. United Nations General Assembly- Economic and Financial Committee
- Reviewing the implementation of the ‘Second UN Decade for the Eradication of Poverty’ and moving towards formulation of the ‘Third UN Decade for the Eradication of Poverty: 2018-2027’
4. The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR)
- The second coming of Asia.
5. The African Union (AU)
- Unconstitutional changes of Government and Popular uprisings in the region.
6. The Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG)
- Feasibility of admission of non-NPT states.
- Review and reinforcement of nuclear export controls with emphasis on dual-use technology.
7. The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- Elimination of discrimination against children and parents based on sexual orientation and gender identity with special emphasis on LGBT community and child sexuality.
- Discussions on child right violations with reference to child marriage and sexual health.
8. The Organisation for Islamic Cooperation (OIC)
- The Intricacies of Political Mobilization and Stigmatization within the members of the OIC
9. The United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC)
- Assessing the Impact of Sanctions on the Enjoyment of Fundamental Human Rights.
10. The Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Addressing Rising Cyber security Issues in ASEAN member states
11. The All India Political Parties Meet
- Discussing the possibility of a Uniform Civil Code
12. The European Court of Justice (ECJ)
- Advisory Opinion on the legality of the Provisional Mechanism for the Mandatory Relocation of Asylum Seekers’ as decided by the Council of the European Union on 22nd September 2015 and other related decisions of the European Union.
13. The United Nations Security Council (UNSC)
- Cooperation of the United Nations with regional and subregional organisations in maintaining international peace and security.
14. The Joint Crisis Committee- Axis (JCC)
- The Phoney War
15. The Joint Crisis Committee (JCC)- Allies
- The Phoney War
16. The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Assessing the role of public-private partnership in achieving Sustainable Development.
- Streamlining resources and seeking solutions to facilitate the achievement of Goal 11 of the Sustainable Development Goals.
17. The International Press
Click here to register.
For any queries contact :firstname.lastname@example.org
Anirudh Vaidhyaa : +91 97908 32582
Arshish Vania : +91 89395 51073
For details, please visit the official website given here.
About the Author