ICRISAT invites applications for the post of Senior Research Fellow. This position is based at ICRISAT Headquarters, Patancheru, Telangana, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor.
ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
- MSc / M Tech degree in the area of Computation Genomics/Computational Biology/Computer science or similar with minimum two years of experience in NGS data analysis and NET / GATE qualification
- Sound knowledge of genomics and molecular biology is must. Proficient in any one of the programming/scripting in languages: Python, Perl, PHP, R, Shell Scripting
- Experience in web technologies or databases like WordPress, jQuery, HTML5, CSS, MySQL, PostgreSQL etc. will be an advantage
- Should be familiar with various sequencing platforms. Must be experienced in working on Linux and CLI environment. Ability to work as team as well as independently with minimal support. Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
- NGS techniques like sequence alignment, variant calling based on whole genome re-sequencing and genotyping-by-sequencing (GBS), RNA-Seq etc.
- Knowledge of standard bioinformatics tool e.g. Samtools, Bamtools, Picard, etc.
- Experience in biological databases and integration of different –omics tools
- Process and analyze sequencing data from Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms
- Use a variety of bioinformatics tools to analyze and manipulate whole genome resequencing data
- Expression studies using RNA-Seq data, gene ontology and metabolic pathway analysis
- Gene family analysis, sequence level analysis, Orthology/Paralogy etc.
- Biological database development and tool integration
- Compilation of results and writing reports
How to apply?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply via this page.
The last date of application is 27 October 2020.