Spring School on Understanding and Modelling of Planetary Interiors at IISER Kolkata [Apr 6-17]: Register by Feb 28
As felt in the community, an effort is needed between the Earth and Physical Science academia in India and France, to bring together the knowledge base available in the two countries in this rather important cross-disciplinary area of research.
Towards this goal, a two-week-long Indo-French school on this topic is being organized during 6-17 April 2020, in which Indian and French speakers will share their knowledge, and expose the research students to the current happenings in the field.
The Spring School is being organized by Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata (IISER-K or IISER Kolkata) is autonomous science research and education institute in Nadia district, West Bengal, India, awarding its own degrees.
It was established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2006 and promoted to the status of an Institute of National Importance in 2012 vide the NIT Amendment Act. It is one of seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research and was the first of the IISERs to be established along with IISER Pune
In the proposed 2 week-long schools, young researchers will be exposed to technical details of
- The first-principles calculation, simulation of coarse-grained models, and
- The experimental high pressure-temperature techniques and data analyses.
- Additionally, talks will be organized in focused areas of geological importance by experts, where these techniques can be applied.
- Students: INR 1000
- Young Faculties: INR 2000
Registration Fee includes Materials related to Workshop, Accommodation and Local Hospitality.
- The Maximum Number of Participants for the spring school will be 30.
- Few deserving students may be given to and fro travel by Train depending upon availability of funds.
- For Registration details kindly contact email@example.com.
- The spring school dates are April 6 to 17, 2020.
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.