About the Organisers
Sports Analytics Hackathon @ IIT Madras. Indian Institute of Technology Madras is one among the foremost institutes of national importance in higher technological education, basic and applied research. In 1956, the German Government offered technical assistance for establishing an institute of higher education in engineering in India. The first Indo-German agreement in Bonn, West Germany for the establishment of the Indian Institute of Technology at Madras was signed in 1959.
About the Competition
The Sports Analytics Hackathon presented by Shaastra, IIT Madras and Global Sports Commerce (GSC) will bring innovative and analytical minds together and create groundbreaking solutions in the sports industry. The hackathon is an event focused on impact, centered around Sports Analytics. It will have an online round followed by an offline finale where finalists are required to present their solutions at the Sports Tech Summit 2019.
This is a team participation hackathon. You can have at most 3 members in your team.
The problem statements will be based on mainly two themes:
The Prizes for the competition are categorized as below:
First Prize: Rs. 50,000,
Second Prize: Rs. 30,000,
Third Prize: Rs. 20,000.
• The hackathon will start at Nov 10, 2018, 10:00 AM IST and end at Nov 24, 2018, 11:59 PM IST, you can work on your hack only during the allotted time.
• You can participate from anywhere, as the initial round is online. There will be 4 problem statements put up on 10th November. Participant teams are expected to submit a solution for one of them.
• The problem statements will be along the 2 hackathon themes. Your hack must be developed entirely during the Hackathon duration.
• You may use open source libraries and other freely available systems/services such as Google Maps, Facebook Connect, Twitter feeds etc.
Participants can use pre-trained weights/embeddings for any machine learning model that’s being used in solving the selected problem statements.
• Submissions should also include instructions on the environment to be set up for running their project.
• Once the hackathon starts, you will get an option to submit your hack and you will have the provision to edit your submissions until the deadline elapses.
You can get your team registered, by visiting the following link.
For any further query, please contact: