About the Organizer
National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam is a National Law University located in Guwahati, Assam, India. It was established in 2009 through an Act passed by the State Legislature of Assam as a public university dedicated to the field of legal education.
About the Opportunity
Under the guidance of our patron, Prof. (Dr.) V.K. Ahuja, the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor of NLUJAA, the IQAC Cell of the university is hosting Special Lecture Series with Dr. Diptimoni Boruah, Associate Professor as the Coordinator. The first special lecture is scheduled for 27th July with Prof. (Dr.) R. N. Sharma, Dean, School of Law, IMS Unison University, Dehradun as the Speaker.
- Date: 27th July, 2021
- Time: 11 AM onwards
- Platform: Google Meet
- Topic – “Fundamentals of Legal Research”
About the Speaker
- Professor (Dr.) Ram Niwas Sharma is the Dean of School of Law, IMS Unison University, Dehradun. He is a Science graduate, LLB, and Master of Laws from the Jodhpur University. He enrolled as an Advocate and practiced in Rajasthan High Court, Jodhpur up to 1978. He taught at the Faculty of Law, Jodhpur University for over 33 years.
- He was Vice-Chancellor at IASE Deemed University, Sardarshahar for over two years.He has over 35 years of teaching experience, authored more than nine books and has participated and presented research papers in over 70 National Seminars.
- He has presented and participated in 11 International Conferences/ Seminars and has more than 45 published research papers in various national and international journals.More than 22 scholars have been awarded Ph.D. in Law under his guidance and supervision. He has evaluated more than 100 Ph. D. theses from more than 20 universities.
- He has organized more than nine National Seminars. Having visited over 30 countries, he has delivered over 60 extension lectures/ invited lectures.
- He has vast administrative experience and has also been Dean and Head, elected with highest vote (four times) for Senate, has been member Syndicate, Director UGC Academic Staff College, President University’s Board of Sports, Jai Narain Vyas University, Jodhpur. He has been a teacher leader and has been President/ Secretary of the Teachers’ Union for more than 12 years.
How to Attend?
Google Meet link is here: meet.google.com/dke-fgdo-nym
Coordinator: Dr. Diptimoni Boruah, Associate Professor, NLUJA, Assam