About the Scholarship
The South Indian Bank Ltd. under its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) invites applications under the Fourth Edition of ‘SIB Scholar’, a scholarship scheme for students belonging to financially challenged families, pursuing their Under Graduate courses in Kerala.
Candidates have to apply online here. No other means/modes of applications will be accepted. Before registration, candidates are requested to ensure that they have a valid E-mail ID. Candidates are advised to use Internet Explorer 7 or higher or Mozilla Firefox browser for registration. All future communications in this regard will be notified to this E-mail ID.
Minimum Educational Qualification
The candidate should have passed 12th Standard from any Govt. Higher Secondary School in Kerala with minimum 85% marks in academic year 2017-2018 or 2018-2019. (Students who have completed 12th Standard from Aided, CBSE/ICSE schools are NOT ELIGIBLE)
Annual family income should not exceed Rs. 100,000/ – (Rupees One Lakh)
Under Graduate courses eligible for scholarship
B. Tech, MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BVMS, B. Pharm, B.Sc (Nursing), B.Sc (Agri), LLB and other 3 to 5 year full time under graduate courses. Students who got enrolled for the above mentioned courses during the Academic Year 2019-20 on merit in Govt./Aided colleges in the state of Kerala are eligible. Students who are admitted to Self Financing Colleges in Govt. quota during 2019-20 and paying the same Govt. fees are also eligible to apply for the scholarship.
The Bank will pay/reimburse 100% of the tuition, examination fees as per the approved Government Fee structure for students enrolled on merit in Govt./Aided/Self Financing colleges. An additional monthly allowance of Rs.4000/- towards hostel/subsistence cost will be paid to the selected students for the entire duration of the course (excl. internship period, if any).
How to Apply?
- Candidates can apply online through the link below from 29.07.2019 to 25.09.2019.
- The applicants are requested to ensure that the information filled in the Online-application form is correct before submitting the same.
- There will not be any provision to modify the submitted online application.
- Candidates making multiple registrations will be disqualified.
- Candidates will have to enter their basic details and upload their photograph, 12th Standard mark list, Certificate in prescribed format signed by head of institution where currently studying and family income certificate issued by Village Officer. Candidates belonging to BPL families should upload BPL certificate issued by secretary of local body.
- If any of the parent has expired, corresponding death certificate to be uploaded.
- If any of the parent is differently abled, corresponding certificate to be uploaded.
- Candidates will have to appear at a location and time specified by the Bank for verification of identity and documents.
- Those who have scored less than 85% marks will not be eligible for applying. Rounding off to the nearest integer is not allowed.(for e.g. 84.99% cannot be rounded off to 85%).
- The percentage of marks shall be arrived by dividing the total marks obtained in all the subjects by the total maximum marks in all subjects irrespective optional/ additional subjects, if any.
- Mere eligibility will not vest any right on the candidate for being selected for the scholarship. In matters regarding eligibility and selection, Bank’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entertained.
- Candidates will have to appear for verification process at their own cost, at the centre intimated by the Bank.
0487-2420020 (Ext: 687, 689)