The Faculty of Economics at the South Asian University is pleased to announce its Fourth International Conference on South Asian Economic Development.
The South Asian region presents a study in contrasts. Despite growing at impressive rates over last decade and a half, the region is home to the largest concentration of the world’s poor with abysmal levels of access to basic economic and social infrastructure.
Despite sharing a common economic history that goes back several millennia, it remains one of the least integrated regions of the world with large untapped benefits from greater economic and financial integration.
Through this conference, we strive to provide a platform for research containing methodological advances, both in economic theory and empirical methods, which would contribute to our understanding of South Asian Economic Development.
Call for Papers
We invite theoretical and empirical contributions in all areas of relevance to South Asian economies. This may include (but not limited to):
- Issues in Economic development, with special focus on South Asia.
- Macroeconomic theory and policy relevant for the South Asian region.
- Trade and economic integration (including monetary and financial integration) in the SAARC region.
- Banking and financial institutions in South Asia
- Microeconomic and Game theoretic applications in development economics (including mechanism design, industrial organization and information economics).
- Economics of health and education in South Asia.
- Economic policies and governance, law and economics with special emphasis on the institutional framework in the South Asian region.
- Issues in Environmental and Energy economics with a special focus on South Asia.
- South Asia in contemporary global economy: prospects and challenges
Who is it for?
Submission is open to all, though we would like to encourage researchers working or studying in organizations based in SAARC member countries (namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka), in particular.
In order to facilitate a larger participation of scholars than in the past, some parallel sessions maybe be added.
How to Submit
Papers must be submitted through the online submission system using Conference Maker Site link given here.
- Deadline for submission of completed papers is November 7, 2017.
- Acceptance of papers will be notified by November 21, 2017.
- Conference Dates: February 22-23, 2018.
For any queries regarding the conference or problems with the process of online submission at Conference Maker, please send an email to email@example.com.
For details, please visit the official link given here.