About the Awards
Produced by the World Photography Organisation, the internationally acclaimed Sony World Photography Awards are one of the most important fixtures in the photographic calendar.
The Awards are a global voice for photography and provide a vital insight into contemporary work today. For both established and emerging artists, the Awards offer extensive exposure.
- Professional – Recognising outstanding bodies of work
- Open – Rewarding exceptional standalone images
- Youth – Celebrating the best single images by emerging photographers aged between 12-19 years-old
- Student – Providing a platform for photography students worldwide
Always free to enter, there is a competition and a category for everyone – from Architecture, Documentary, Landscape, Portraiture, Sport, Street Photography, Wildlife, Travel, Culture and more. New categories for the 2021 Awards include Object and Lifestyle in the Open competition and Portfolio in the Professional competition. The Architecture category in the Professional competition has been expanded to Architecture and Design.
With the power to kickstart and shape careers, the Awards provide those working in photography a global stage to showcase their work. Previous winning and shortlisted photographers have gone on to be represented by renowned galleries and institutions worldwide, as well as their work being featured in major international publications.
All images are judged by industry experts from across the world, who come together each year in London to reward standout works. A total prize fund of $60,000 (USD) plus the latest Sony digital imaging equipment is shared between the winning photographers.
The Awards are your chance to have your work recognised globally and has the power to change the careers of those who win and are shortlisted.
The democratic approach of the Awards means all artists working across photography have equal opportunity to win and be seen by leading industry experts.
Every competition is free to enter and categories are designed to be open to all photographic genres and abilities.
Successful photographers can receive:
- Inclusion in global and country-specific media and marketing campaigns
- Exhibition at Somerset House, London
- Potential to be included in international exhibitions
- Inclusion in the Sony World Photography Awards book
- Opportunity to apply for the Sony Grant to further personal photographic projects
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the awards through this link.
Jan 7, 2021
For more details, click the link below.