Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (IITGN) invites applications for a contractual post for its Institute Management System (IMS) as mentioned below:
- Position: Software (PHP) Developer
- Opening(s): One
- Tenure: Two Years, extendible commensurate upon performance and evaluation after 1 year.
- Minimum Qualification & Experience: B.Tech/ B.E. in Computer Science & Engineering (regular)/Information Technology (regular)/MCA/ MSc (IT) with minimum 65% marks and at least two years of work experience.
- Age Limit: 35 years as on the date of interview.
- Apache 2 & above, PHP 5 & above (including PHP libraries), HTML 5, CSS3, Windows & Web Services, Remoting, OOPS. Linux system. RDBMS
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Knowledge of Moodle CMS is must.
- Deployment via GIT/SVN & SSH terminal
- Juggling multiple assignments
- Skills of debugging
- Defect tracking systems and test management tools
- PHP Frameworks like Laravel, codeigniter etc.. CMS like wordpress , drupal, etc. (will be an added advantage)
- Knowledge of database access management like mongoDB (Additional knowledge of MSSQL)
- Knowledge of JS frameworks like angularJS, nodejs, reactjs
- Knowledge of LDAP
- Industry standard ERP & workflow package (will be an added advantage)
- Flowchart & ERD
- Understand and analyse functional and non-functional system requirements.
- Ensure defect-free release in the production environment.
- Serve as SME for software development process.
- Work with cross-functional teams to help identify, triage, and document issues.
- Installation, Configuration and maintenance of Linux and Windows based server.
- Managing All Critical Applications Onsite/Offsite Backup through Bash/Shell scripting
- Monitoring of Daily scheduled backup activity and ensuring backup has been taken for all critical applications. Restoration of backup when needed.
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Design, develop, test, support and deploy desktop and custom web applications.
- Research and evaluate software related technologies and products.
- Create software documentation and update existing documentation.
- Design, develop and implement critical applications in a .Net environment.
- Assist and support other team members on multiple projects.
- Implement best practices, standards and procedures including quality and delivery methodologies.
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary.
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of database systems.
- Performance tuning/Query Optimisation of database systems.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications and diagnose/troubleshoot errors.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
Interested persons are requested to apply online via this page.
Monthly consolidated pay: Rs. 30,000 – 60,000/- p.m.