Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Software Internship at Ciena, Gurugram.
Ciena Corporation is an American telecommunications networking equipment and software services supplier based in Hanover, Maryland. The company has been described by The Baltimore Sun as the “world’s biggest player in optical connectivity.” The company reported revenues of $3.57 billion for 2019.
About the Internship
He/She will be responsible to design, develop and support software specializing in different NMS/EMS layers to support network elements using multiple technologies like DWDM, Optical Switches and Multi-Service edge products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate/support release/design lead on successful delivery of release/features.
- Implement code according to the design while meeting project deadlines. Compliance with organization-wide adopted conventions and procedures (architecture, code review, etc) and deliver quality deliverables to testing groups.
- Provide inputs in the detailed design.
- Development and execution of unit test cases.
- Support the technical leadership to troubleshoot and fix defects.
- Strong analysis, coding, testing, and documentation skills.
- Well-versed in Object Oriented Concepts, data structures, algorithms.
- Knowledge of Operating system concepts.
- Knowledge of Networking Concepts.
- Exposure to micro-service architecture using Docker and Git configuration management will be a bonus.
- Exposure to Linux/Unix environment will be an added advantage.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent self-starter and committed to delivering as per deadlines.
- Comfortable in a team environment.
Undergoing MCA or M.Tech/MSc in Electronics and Communication, Computer Science.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in:
- Internship Opportunity (Web Development) at XLRI Jamshedpur: Apply by Nov 30
- Internship Opportunity (Program Manager) at Microsoft, Hyderabad: Applications Open