SOF Scholarship of Excellence in English for School Students [Class III to X]: Apply by Dec 31
About the Scholarship
Science Olympiad Foundation and the British Council are pleased to announce the launch of SOF Scholarship of Excellence in English (SEE) 2019-20. This scholarship is an endeavour by Science Olympiad Foundation and the British Council to recognize and reward excellence in the English language among school students in India.
Under SEE, a scholarship of Rs 5000/- each plus a merit certificate is given to 120 students in India in recognition of their excellence in the English Language.
Features of Scholarship
- The SEE is a one-time scholarship.
- The selection of the SEE winners will be done from recommendations sent by schools.
- Cheques for the amount, in favour of the selected students, will be dispatched at the school address.
- A school may send a proposal recommending a student for consideration under SOF S.E.E. The school must be a participant in the IEO (International English Olympiad) held in 2019.
- Each school may recommend only one student.
- The recommendation should be signed by the school Principal / Head Master / Mistress only.
- The recommendation should be in the specified format and complete in all respects / with required attachments.
- The student being Recommended must be studying in recommending a school in class Three to class Ten.
- The student should have scored at least 90% marks or equivalent grade in English subject in annual aggregate in the previous class.
- The student should have scored at least 85% marks or equivalent grade in previous year’s exams as an aggregate.
- All recommendations received will be evaluated by a committee set up by SOF.
- Winners of S.E.E will be notified individually and through respective schools.
- Decision of the SOF Committee will be final and binding.
- In case of any dispute, jurisdiction will vest with Delhi courts only.
How to Apply?
Interested student can fill the recommendation form available here and send the same on or before Dec 31, 2019, at Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) Plot No. 99, first floor, Sector 44, Institutional Area, Gurugram-122003
For further details, click here.
About the Author