A total of 04 Social Workers are required for full-time work at 02 pilot Special Cells (a team of 2 social workers at each Cell) to be established in 02 districts of UT of Ladakh viz. Leh & Kargil districts. TISS, Mumbai hereby issues this advertisement for the 4 positions of social workers, as authorized by NCW (GoI), for the selection of suitable candidates for the same.
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 and was awarded the ‘Deemed to be University status in 1964. TISS is fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India, and operates from its main campus in Mumbai, and the off-campuses at Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad.
- Candidate should have (a) knowledge of issues of gender and violence against women in the district and UT of Ladakh, and of direct interventions, and (b) prior experience in direct casework and/ or intervention work on women’s issues at the grass-root level.
- The candidate must have a post-graduate qualification in social work (M.A. in Social Work/ MSW) from Central/ Deemed/ State-Recognized University and/ or 2 years of work experience in the social development sector.
- Those with a post-graduate qualification in social work (M.A. in Social Work/ MSW) from Central Deemed/ State-Recognized University with 2 years of work experience in the social-development sector will be given first preference.
- Those with a post-graduate qualification in social work (M.A. in Social Work/ MSW) from Central/ Deemed/ State-Recognized University will be given second preference.
- The candidate must demonstrate commitment to working on issues of violence against women vide direct work with both survivors and State systems.
- Candidate must demonstrate a willingness to travel across the allotted district, and within UT of Ladakh and occasionally to other States as per programme requirements detailed in the section on job description above.
- Verbal and written fluency in Ladakhi and local languages/ dialects is essential, and working knowledge of English and comfort with the use of computers & the Internet is also necessary.
These positions are full-time and based in the districts of UT of Ladakh. The selected social workers will be contractually employed and will be paid a consolidated honorarium of INR 28,000/- per month. Once appointed, the social worker will be expected to reside in the district allocated to them for the duration of their appointment and deputation for full-time work in the Special Cell. The candidates only possessing the above mentioned experience & qualifications, and in the age group 22-50 years, need apply.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are required to send their application to the mail id of firstname.lastname@example.org up to 20th July 2021 at 6:00 PM.
You might also be interested in: