Applications are invited for Social Workers (Full Time) at TISS Mumbai for the year 2021. The last date of application is 21 November.
One female Social Worker is required for full-time work at pilot Special Cell for Women, Kupwara district, UT of Jammu & Kashmir. TISS hereby issues this advertisement for the position of 01 female social worker, as authorised by NCW (GoI), for the selection of suitable candidates for the same.
- The candidate must have a post-graduate qualification in social work (M.A. in Social Work/MSW) from Central/Deemed/State-Recognized University. The candidates based in UT of Jammu & Kashmir possessing Master’s degree in other social sciences such as Women Studies, Psychology, Sociology, may also be considered at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
- The candidate must also have 2 years’ work experience in the social-development sector. Those with 2 years’ relevant work experience on the issue of gender-based violence, specifically in direct casework and/or intervention work on women’s issues at the grass-root level will be given preference.
- Candidate must demonstrate willingness to travel across the allotted district, and within UT of Jammu & Kashmir and occasionally to other States as per programme requirements detailed in section on job description above.
- Verbal and written fluency in local languages/dialects (Kashmiri/ Urdu and others as spoken in the specific district) is essential, and working knowledge of English and comfort with the use of computers & internet is also necessary.
- Individual and group interventions to end violence against women – including Social casework processes, empowerment & behavioral change facilitation, referrals and pre-& during litigation support to women & child survivors of violence and their families, and engaging with men (respondents/perpetrators of violence, male family members) and with NGO & Governmental Departmental representatives in violated women & children’s best interests (i.e. facilitating multi-agency coordinated response).
- Planning, awareness-building and capacity-building in compliance with programmatic, strategic & financial management for the ‘Violence Free Home – A Woman’s Right’ (Special Cells for Women) programme across the allotted district in which the Special Cell is functional.
- Networking & advocacy on issues of violence against women & children, and intervention in situations of violence as experienced and reported by women & children, with NGOs & Governmental Departments, at district & sub- district levels.
- Writing & compiling data and reports regularly for purposes of programme documentation, official record etc.
- Periodic travel across the allotted district, within the U.T. of Jammu & Kashmir and occasionally to other States of India as per programme requirements of training, exposure fieldwork, campaigns, regional meetings etc.
The position is full-time and based in Kupwara district of the UT of Jammu & Kashmir.
Interested candidates are required to send their detailed resume/ Curriculum Vitae to jammukashmirspecialcells[at]tiss.edu on or before 21st November 2021 at 6:00 PM.
The selected social worker will be contractually employed and will be paid a consolidated honorarium of INR 28,000/- per month. Once appointed, the social worker will be expected to reside at Kupwara district for the duration of their appointment and deputation for full-time work in the Special Cell.
You may also be interested in: