Applications are invited for Social Worker under Govt of Maharashtra Project at TISS Mumbai for the year 2021. The last date of application is 31 July 2021.
One position of social worker (preferably having prior direct intervention work experience), is required at present for full-time work at the Special Cell for Women (Mumbai). TISS hereby issues this advertisement for said1positions of social workers, as authorised by State Government, for selection of suitable candidate for the same.
- Candidate should have (a) knowledge of issues of gender & violence against women and interventions in the district and State, and (b) prior experience in direct casework and/or intervention work on women’s issues at the grassroot level.
- The candidate must have a post-graduate qualification in social work (M.A. in Social Work/MSW) from Central/Deemed/State-Recognised University. Preference will be given to those with 2 years’ work experience in social-development sector.
- Candidate must demonstrate willingness to travel, as and when required within Maharashtra as per programme requirements detailed in section on job description below.
- Verbal and written fluency in Marathi and local languages/dialects is essential, and working knowledge of English & Hindi and comfort with the use of computers & Internet is also desirable.
- Individual and group interventions to end violence against women – incl. Social casework processes, empowerment & behavioural change facilitation, referrals and pre-& during litigation support to women & children survivors of violence and their families, and engaging with men (respondents/.perpetrators of violence) and with NGO & Governmental Departmental representatives (incl. Police) in violated women & children’s best interests (i.e. facilitating multi-agency coordinated response).
- Planning, awareness-building w.r.t. the programme and capacity-building of stakeholders of Special Cells for Women programme across the allotted district in which the Special Cell is functional.
- Networking & advocacy on issues of violence against women & girls, and intervention in situations of violence as experienced and reported by women, with NGOs & Governmental Departments.
- Writing, editing reports & compiling data extensively for purposes of programme documentation, official record etc.
- Periodic travel across the allotted district, and occasionally across Maharashtra as per programme requirements of training, exposure fieldwork, campaigns, regional meetings etc.
Last day for receipt of applications is the 31st July 2021, which must be sent preferably vide e- mail to email@example.com. Application sent by e-mail must contain curriculum vitae/resumes mentioning the following: (a) full educational qualifications and institutions from which formal degrees were obtained from; (b) all full-time work placements completed along with date-wise duration, employing organisation’s name and address; (c) applicant’s e-mail contact details; (d) scanned copy of applicant’s Masters/MA/MSW degree certificates.
The position is full time and is based in Mumbai. The selected social workers will be contractually employed and will be paid a consolidated honorarium of INR 15,000/- per month. Once appointed, the social worker will be expected to reside in the Mumbai-Navi Mumbai-Thane for the duration of their appointment and deputation for fulltime work in the Special Cell. Only candidates possessing the above-mentioned experience & qualifications, and in the age group 18-50 years, need apply.
Call: 9870217795/ 9820757795.
Click here to view the official notification of Social Worker under Govt of Maharashtra Project at TISS Mumbai.
You may also be interested in:
- Research Associate at Azim Premji University, Bengaluru: Apply by July 20
- Neuroimaging Analyst (Project) at NBRC, Haryana: Apply by July 30