Applications are invited for Social Worker (Full Time) at TISS for the year 2021. The last date of application is 7 December.
A total of 21 Social Workers are required for full-time work at 11 Special Cells for Women in the following districts:
- Social Worker at Kamrup Metro
- Social Workers each at Kamrup rural, Cachar, Sonitpur, Dibrugarh, Nagaon, Barpeta, Dhubri, Sivsagar, Kokrajhar, Karbi Anglong.
TISS hereby issues this advertisement for the 21 positions of social workers, as authorised by Govt. of Assam & JHPIEGO, India for the selection of suitable candidates for the same.
- The candidate must have a post-graduate qualification in social work (M.A. in Social Work/MSW) from Central/Deemed/State-Recognized University. The candidates based in Assam, possessing Master’s degree in other social sciences such as Women Studies, Psychology, Sociology, may also be considered at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
- Candidates with 2 years’ relevant work experience on the issue of gender-based violence, specifically in direct casework and/or intervention work on women’s issues at the grass-rootlevel will be given preference.
- Candidate must demonstrate willingness to travel across the allotted district, and within Assam and occasionally to other States as per programme requirements detailed in section on job description above.
- Verbal and written fluency in local languages/dialects as spoken in the specific district is essential, and working knowledge of English and comfort with the use of computers & internet is also necessary.
- Individual and group interventions to end violence against women – incl. Social casework processes, empowerment & behavioral change facilitation, referrals and pre-& during litigation support to women & child survivors of violence and their families, and engaging with men (respondents/ perpetrators of violence, male family members) and with NGO & Governmental Departmental representatives (especially Police) in violated women & children’s best interests (i.e. facilitating multi-agency coordinated response).
- Planning, awareness-building and capacity-building, in compliance with programmatic, strategic & financial management for the Special Cells for Women programme across the allotted district in which the Special Cell is functional.
- Networking & advocacy on issues of violence against women & children, and intervention in situations of violence as experienced and reported by women & children, with NGOs & Governmental Departments, at district & sub- district levels.
- Writing, editing reports & compiling data extensively and regularly for purposes of programme documentation, official record etc.
- Periodic travel across the allotted district, within Assam State and occasionally to other States of India as per programme requirements of training, exposure fieldwork, campaigns, regional meetings
Interested and eligible candidates may either arrive at the venue directly or avail of the pick-up facility from Jalukbari bus stop on any one of the following dates and register. Dates of walk-in-interview: 9th of December 2021 (Thursday) or 10th of December 2021 (Friday). Registration time: 9:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
This venue is subject to change in case of unforeseen circumstances; kindly check this link/website for any changes on dates closer to the selection (i.e. up to 7th of December 2021).
Please carry a print copy of your CV and original & copy of your MA/MSW degree certificates and experience certificates with you. Kindly note that travel or accommodation related with interview attendance will not be reimbursed.
Location & Duration
The stated positions are full-time and based in the abov-ementioned 11 districts of Assam. The selected social workers will be contractually employed and will be paid a consolidated honorarium of INR 28,000/- per month. Once appointed, the social worker will be expected to reside in the district allocated to them for the duration of their appointment and deputation for full-time work at Special Cell for Women.
You may also be interested in: