Submissions are open for the Global Resilience Partnership (GRP) Social Media Video Contest for COP26 Resilience Hub 2021.
About the Contest
The contest will run on social media from 23 October to 12 November. The contest is targeted at young people and is open to anyone who is under 30 years old.
They are looking for video entries that highlight resilience solutions to tackle the effects of climate change. The winning entries will be showcased on the Global Resilience Partnership’s social media channels during COP26.
The entries may also be shared during the Resilience Hub’s “Windows to Resilience” updates.
The Idea: Social media provides a great opportunity to engage already digitally connected young people. The contest will capture Audio-Visual content from young people who will post submissions on Instagram with specific tags (see below).
The winning entries will be showcased on the Global Resilience Partnership’s social media channels, and if applicable during the Resilience Hub’s “Windows on Resilience.
The Theme: What are your resilience solutions to tackle the effects of climate change?
- What Eco-friendly habit(s) have you adopted to tackle the effects of climate change?
- Is there a climate adaptation story or resilience solution in your neighborhood or community that you would like to share?
At GRP, we believe resilience is about having the capacity to persist, adapt, and transform in the face of shocks, uncertainty, and change. However, we are excited to hear what resilience means to YOU! We want to hear from you, in your own words, what climate resilience means for you!
Shortlisted entries will be featured across our various platforms.
- Create a video of duration between 30-60 seconds.
- The contest is open to participants of all countries below the age of 30.
- Social media channels you can use: Instagram.
- Post the video on your public social media handles and use the hashtags #COPResiliencehub #GRPyouth4resilience
- Make sure your account is public.
- The reposting decision will be determined by the members of GRP.
- The contest will be live from 23 October to 12 November 2021.
- Share your thoughts early to increase your chances of getting featured. Submissions will be reviewed daily.