About the Fellowship
The Government of Andhra Pradesh have embarked on an ambitious vision for all-round and sustainable socio economic development of the state through various new schemes under the strategic intervention – ‘Navaratnalu’ underscoring the need for continuous improvement in various aspects governing the ‘welfare’ in Department of Social welfare.
In this context, the Social Empowerment Fellowship is designed to provide young professionals, a rich working exposure to policy design and program implementation, while synergizing their knowledge, skills and enthusiasm for improving the welfare ecosystem.
- Degree with engineering qualification and masters from premier institutions such as IITs, IIMs, ISB, TISS with minimum 2 years of work experience will be given preference.
- At least 60% marks in both Under Graduation and Post-Graduation.
- An indicative list of specializations include Masters in Public Policy, Public Administration, Management, Engineering, Business administration, Social Work, Computer Science/Computer Applications etc. from highly reputed national and international institutions.
- For IT & ITeS the candidates possessing qualifications as detailed are preferred: Bachelors in computer science / Electronics/ Information Technology/ /Data Analytics/Data Science with adequate familiarity in developing web based IT Solutions; Expertise in Python/Django/rest framework along with minimum 2 years of experience in Data analytics / Atal innovation roles is preferable.
- The prospective fellow shall be between 20 and 40 years of age as on date of notification for recruitment.
Fellows are engaged initially for a period of 2 years with half-yearly performance reviews. Based on annual performance, the Principal Secretary/Secretary to Government, Dept.of Social Welfare may consider further continuation of engagement for the concerned fellow.
Number of Positions
Out of Six (6) Fellows, two (2) will be mentored by, and report to the Principal Secretary/Secretary to Government, Dept of Social Welfare and two (2) will be mentored by, and report to the Director, Dept. of social welfare and two (2) i.e., IT & ITeS Fellows will be mentored by, and report to Secretary, APSWREIS, Dept. of Social Welfare.
- Year 1 stipend (Per Month) – Rs. 60,000 to 85,000/-. The stipend shall be modulated based on the candidate’s educational background and relevant work experience.
- Maximum of 20% annual increment on the stipend, based on performance.
- Health Insurance Coverage (including COVID-19 insurance cover) may be provided to the desired candidate(s).
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply online via this page.
- Last date of application: 2 Feb 2021