What is Social Artivism?
Society is this intricate, fascinating and complex creature that refuses to yield to any one leader, ideology or path. How does one then influence the society?
How do we create change that lasts? Culture that allows more freedom and challenge structures that constrain us?
We see this as an art -the art of activism. This is not activism with its firebrand “anti -XYZ” sloganeering. It is not art which can be an indulgent self-expressive pursuit.
Rather, it is Artivism: understanding the ART of social change. The most complex of all arts, a dance cum improvisational theatre cum Socratic dialogue cum coming together of other disciplines for the noble and timeless pursuit of emancipation.
Social Artivism is a co-designed, co-learning course for socially inclined youth. It intends to build skills for holding diverse perspectives together to dialogue for change.
- Develop skills and perspectives to hold challenging conversations
- Connect like-minded, crazy people and facilitate CHANGE in the world.
- Inspire self-initiated learning in youth.
15 weekly meetings(Aug-Dec) of 3 hours and 1+ hours of self-learning per week.
- Enrollment Starts: 25/07/2017
- 1st Deadline to enroll: 11/08/2017
- 1st Orientation: 13/08/2017
- 2nd Deadline to enroll: 18/08/2017
- 2nd Orientation: 20/08/2017
- Course starts: 27/08/2017
- Course ends: 02/12/2017
How to apply?
Apply online by visiting this link.
Kejal Savla: Kejal@brmworld.org.
For details, click here to view the official brochure.