To nurture future innovators and thought leaders, the Science & Engineering Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward have partnered to develop a dynamic and transformative student exchange program between premier institutions in India and the United States.
The program is named in honor of Satyendra Nath Bose (1894 – 1974), a visionary Indian physicist best known for his work on quantum mechanics in the early 1920s. The class of particles that obey Bose-Einstein statistics, Bosons, was named after him.
The program is envisaged to:
- Provide an opportunity to Indian students to experience world-class research facilities in leading U.S. institutions;
- Encourage and motivate students to take up research as a career;
- Pave the way for the next generation of pioneers and innovators in science and technology to interact with each other, and;
- Build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations cutting across boundaries around the globe.
- Health Insurance
- Candidates currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters’ degree in Atmospheric and earth Sciences; Chemical Sciences; Engineering; Mathematical and Computational Sciences; and, Physical Sciences are eligible to apply.
- PhD students are NOT eligible to apply.
- Applications in subject – fields other than those specified in the advertisement will not be considered.
- Only those candidates who shall be completing their degree program on or after May 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Applications are accepted through nominations/endorsements only.
- The departments from each institute have been asked to nominate 2 of their beststudents from each discipline for the program.
- Two applications per stream, per department, per institute. For this purpose, for example, the usual two years Masters in Physics and Integrated Masters in Physics may be counted as 2 different streams and 2 different applications.
- In case the top 2 nominated students do not wish to apply, your department may choose to endorse other two meritorious students.
Program Dates: May – July 2018
Submission Deadline: 31 October 2017
Dr. Nishritha Bopana, Indo-US Science and Technology Forum
Fulbright House, 12, Hailey Road, New Delhi – 110001,
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph: 011- 42691715