Registrations are open for Smart-farm Grant Challenge 2022 by STPI. The last date of registration is 8 June.
Smart Farm Grant Challenge is a program to identify impactful solutions from start-ups to address the problem statements identified for sugarcane harvest.
Considering the above facts, the STPI announces the Smart-farm Grant Challenge for Development of a “Digital solution to predict optimum time of sugarcane harvest”. The application must have features but not limited to the few indicated below:
- Should predict optimum time of sugarcane harvest in a given plot area with reasonable accuracy.
- Should utilise computer simulations and the digital data for reaching accurate results.
- Should provide plot wise Polling in cane and yield estimate.
- Estimate the sugar content of all the plots in its catchment area remotely.
- Should identify the plots which are mature/ ready to harvest.
- Should identify the poor plots in the initial stage.
- Should identify command area vs survey area for identification of the forged plots & left out plots.
- Should identify water stressed plots and inform the exact time of irrigation.
- Results should be in easily interpretable formats viz graphs, images etc.
- Results should be validated against the real time digital data.
- Developed solution should be user friendly (most of processes may be automated).
- Should be documented elaborately.
- Low on usage of power/ processor.
- Should not have any external hardware dependency.
- Results along with the advisory to be disseminated through mobile app to the farmers and the sugar mills.
The Smart-farm GrantChallenge is open for participation in teams having experts from all domains of a software development life cycle.
Who can apply?
The Indian Tech start-ups, MSMEs, Companies, LLPs registered in India under Companies Act can apply. The entity must have 51% or more shareholding with Indian citizen or person of Indian origin. The applicant’s entity should not be a subsidiary company of any foreign corporation.
To encourage participation from academia and industry, participating teams are not mandatorily required to be registered Indian Companies/startups / MSMEs/ LLPs to apply for the Smart-farm Grant Challenge. However, the 4 teams shortlisted at Ideation Stage will be required to apply for registration as Indian Startups/ Company/ MSMEs/ LLPs and submit the proof of having applied at stage of submission of Prototype.
It will be expected that by the time of selection at the final stage, necessary registration will be completed. It may be noted that funds will be transferred only in the bank accounts of Startups/Company / MSMEs / LLPs and not in the bank accounts of individuals.
Total duration of the Smart-farm Grant Challenge would be around 12 months/ 1 year (ideation, prototype and product stage).
Step I: First Level Quality Check & Review by Organizing Team
1. Assess compliance to Eligibility Criteria of participating Teams
2. Assess quality and completeness of the responses provided in the respective nomination forms
Step II: Assessment & Screening by Jury
1. Conduct Detailed Assessment of submitted ideas for shortlisting 25 proposals
2. Contact SPOC for seeking additional information / artifacts from the shortlisted nominations
Step III: Shortlisting Entries for Ideation Stage
1. Conduct presentation and review Ideas submitted by all the 25 teams
2. Score Submitted Ideas out of 100 on each Evaluation Parameter to select 10 best Ideas
Step IV: Evaluation of Entries for Prototype Stage
1. Conduct presentation for 10 teams and review the prototype built by them
2. Score Submitted Prototype out of 100 on each Evaluation Parameter to select 4 best Prototype
Step V: Selection of Entries for Solution Stage
1. Conduct presentation for 4 teams and review the solution built by them
2. Score Submitted Solution out of 100 on each Evaluation Parameter to select the winner
- Application submission start date: 9th May 2022
- Application submission end date: 8th June 2022
- Announcement of Shortlisted Applicants: 23rd June 2022
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
Email: ishu.agrawal[at]stpi.in, startup.pmu[at]stpi.in
You may also be interested in: