With the aim of encouraging young Indians to respond innovatively and independently to the conservation issues which affect the country, WWF-India is offering eligible individuals a one-time grant of upto INR 400,000 over a maximum period of 2 years for undertaking conservation research/ action research.
Purpose of the Grant
The SGIP will provide grants to individuals for activities and/or research that address issues and offer solutions or insights towards:
- Species and habitat related problems and concerns – with a focus on immediate threats and issues
- Enabling communities and other stakeholders to address local environmental concerns
- Improving local livelihoods through conservation and natural resource management or promoting livelihoods that reduce impacts on biodiversity
- Aspects of trade involving wildlife species
- Increasing understanding on the status of lesser known or lesser studied species of wildlife
- Innovative approaches to awareness raising regarding environmental concerns
- Demonstrating individual or collective action towards conservation outcomes
Who can Apply
Applicants must demonstrate sound knowledge of environmental conservation and of the particular geographical area or issue that they wish to contribute to through their project. The duration of the project should be between 6 to 24 months and the scale of the project should be such that funding awarded covers the total or the majority of the requirements.
Proposals meeting some or all of the following criteria will receive priority consideration:
- Contribute to WWF India’s mission of conservation and priority will be given to initiatives located in WWF India’s priority landscapes or geographies (see www.wwfindia.org)
- Achieve a clear outcome within the project timeframe that can be scaled up or replicated
- Encourage participatory or community-based conservation and natural resource management
- Introduce innovative approaches that can demonstrate conservation impact
- Have a clearly articulated rationale that demonstrates urgency and need for the work
How to Apply
To be considered for a Small Grant for Innovation, interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- A completed project proposal
- A current curriculum vitae
- At least two professional references (details to be added in the proposal)
The proposals should follow the format provided here.
The proposal should then be emailed to email@example.com or to The Small Grants Program Coordinator, WWF-India, 172-B, Lodi Estate, New Delhi 110003.
Upto INR 400,000 over a maximum period of 2 years.
November 30, 2019