ABOUT SYMBIOSIS LAW SCHOOL NAGPUR
Nurtured by the visionary ideas of Dr. S.B. Mujumdar, Chancellor (Symbiosis International University) on the principles of Vedic thought ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ which means ‘World as One Family’, Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Nagpur is established in 2019 inheriting splendid novelty, dynamism and excellence in education.
ABOUT THE ESSAY COMPETITION
The Centre for Environmental Law and Policy along with the Debate and Literary Cell at Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur announces its First National Essay Writing Competition on the topic “Environmental Justice”.
- The Competition is open to all the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students, in any stream, enrolled in any recognized institution/University in India.
- The participants must submit an attested copy of their students’ Identity Card/bonafide certificate along with the essay.
- Role of Law and Governance in securing Climate Justice
- Environmental Democracy: The necessity for developing Sustainable Societies.
- Waste trafficking: Impact and Challenges
- Should Ecological Entities like Rivers and Forest be considered as Legal Persons?
- Right to Grow in Healthy Environment: Reality or Discourse?
- 1st place – Rs. 8000 /-
- 2nd place – Rs. 5000 /-
- 3rd place – Rs 3500 /-
- The result of the competition will be displayed on the SLS NAGPUR Website.
- A certificate of participation shall be e-mailed to all the contestants who have successfully submitted an essay.
HOW TO SUBMIT?
- There is no hard copy submission.
- The essays must be sent by email to newc[at]slsnagpur.edu.inwith the subject “Submission for The SLS NAGPUR Essay Writing Competition on Environmental Justice”.
- The essays must be submitted in English language only and must be in Microsoft Word Format (.doc/.docx). Essays in any other language and format will be rejected summarily.
- Only one submission per author is permitted. Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors per essay.
- The suggested word limit for the essay is 3500 words inclusive of citations.
- Every essay must have a title and an abstract.
- The deadline for submission is 11:59 pm, 15th August 2019
- Date of declaration of result is 20th August 2019
- All entries should include a cover page specifying the name of the author, institutional affiliation, course and year of study, e-mail address and contact number.
- The essay and cover sheet must be submitted as separate documents in the same e-mail.
- Plagiarism of any nature will attract immediate disqualification.
There is no registration fee for the competition.
DR. NUZHAT RIZVI: Assistant Professor, Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur
EMAIL ID: nuzhatrizvi[at]slsnnagpur.edu.in
Prof. SACHIN TRIPATHI: Assistant Professor, Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur
EMAIL ID: sachintripathi[at]slsnagpur.edu.in
Contact No.0712 6192200/01
EMAIL ID: newc[at]slsnagpur.edu.in