Submissions are invited for Slogan Writing Contest on National Road Safety 2021 by MyGov. The last date of submission is 15 November.
Theme & Details
The theme for this event will be the Good Samaritan Law.
Passed by the Supreme Court of India on 30th March 2016, The Good Samaritan Law aims to incentivize by-standers to rescue road crash victims within the golden hour by legally protecting their identities and civil liberties. According to the law, the police are prohibited from involving good Samaritans in investigation or compelling them into being eyewitnesses.
They are not obligated to reveal their identity and are protected from civil and criminal charges. Moreover, hospitals are required to discharge first aid for free. With the rising rate of road crash mortality in India – 50% of which could have been prevented through timely rescue – this law becomes paramount in facilitating intervention by guaranteeing protection from harassment and legal hassles. Recently, the central government has also announced a reward of Rs 5000 for Samaritans who save lives through rescue within the golden hour.
- Entrants must be a real person and must comply with MyGov policies for entry, with no age limit.
- Entrants might be asked for identification proof, if deemed as the winner.
- Entrants must not be our employee, officer or agent, or an employee, officer or agent of any person or organization involved in the running of the competition, and you must not be a family relation of any such person.
- The maximum number of entries to a competition per person is 1.
- Slogans must not be longer than 8 words.
- Entries can be made in English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam and Odia.
Interested candidates can submit entries via this page,
- Call for entries: 15 October 2021
- Deadline for entry submission: 15 November 2021
- Competition entries shall be judged or winners selected on the basis of those criteria specified on our website and/or social media channels in relation to the competition.
- If a competition entrant does not meet the eligibility requirements or is subject to any entry restrictions, that entrant shall not be entitled to be adjudged a winner, and will not be entitled to a prize in any circumstances.
- Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Indian Legislature and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of India.
5* winners will be rewarded a cash prize of Rs 5,000/- each.
Click here to view the official notification of Slogan Writing Contest on National Road Safety 2021 by MyGov.
You may also be interested in: