Submissions are invited for Slogan Writing Contest – Motor Vehicle Driving Regulation by MyGov for the year 2021. The last date of submission is 31 December.
More than 13 Lakh people lose their lives every year from traffic accidents, and that number has been slowly rising. In India alone, this number stands at a massive 1.5 Lakh people per year.
This not only affects the people involved in the accident directly, but also their loved ones, and the people that know and depend on the victim. Road safety is an important issue that demands attention. To raise awareness and minimize such accidents from occurring, Indian Road Safety Campaign is hosting a Slogan Writing Competition.
How do you sum up an important message in three or four words? That is where slogans come into play. Road safety slogans are imperative to remind individuals to adhere to traffic rules. The slogan can be written in English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam and Odia. These slogans will then be used to promote road safety in a creative manner.
The theme for this event is Motor Vehicle Driving Regulations.
As far as Indian roads are concerned, the rights and responsibilities of cyclists, walking pedestrians, and wheelchair users (adapted vehicles) are constantly overlooked in practice albeit legal protections. Despite the Indian Motor Vehicles Acts providing cyclists equal rights and status as motorized vehicles on highways, they are often sidelined, and casualties among this group are alarmingly high.
Similarly, multiple legislations, including the Indian Penal Code and Motor Vehicles Regulation Act 1988 legally protects the lives of pedestrians by prohibiting motor vehicles on footpaths and instituting large fines against violations. Yet, 62 pedestrians die daily as an average in the country. Even for adaptive vehicles like wheelchairs, the Motor Vehicles Amendment Act mandates the requirements and lays out ownership laws for the disabled person.
However, there are very few public utilities that meet these mandates, and the consequent vulnerability largely lowers ease of travel for the community. At the face of such unequal and unfortunate circumstances, this theme urges the participants to think creatively and empathetically, as well as familiarize themselves with these legal protections to unlearn the internalized bias against non-motorized means of travel.
- Participants must be a real person and must comply with MyGov policies for entry, with no age limit.
- Participants might be asked for identification proof, if deemed as the winner.
- Participants must not be our employee, officer or agent, or an employee, officer or agent of any person or organization involved in the running of the competition, and you must not be a family relation of any such person.
- The maximum number of entries to a competition per person is 1.
- Call for entries: 15 November, 2021
- Deadline for entry submission: 31 December, 2021
Interested candidates can submit entries via this page.
- Slogans must not be longer than 8 words.
- Entries can be made in English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam and Odia.
5* winners will be rewarded a cash prize of Rs 5,000/- each.
- Competition entries shall be judged or winners selected on the basis of those criteria specified on our website and/or social media channels in relation to the competition.
- If a competition entrant does not meet the eligibility requirements or is subject to any entry restrictions, that entrant shall not be entitled to be adjudged a winner, and will not be entitled to a prize in any circumstances.
- Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Indian Legislature and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of India.
Click here to view the official notification of Slogan Writing Contest – Motor Vehicle Driving Regulations by MyGov.
You may also be interested in:
- Poster Making Contest – Motor Vehicle Driving Regulations by MyGov [Cash Prizes of Rs. 25k]: Submit by Dec 31