Applications are invited for the Skål International Sustainable Tourism Awards 2020. The awards are geared towards enhancing the visibility and grant recognition to entities from the Travel and Tourism industry.
Based on the declaration of the United Nations in 2002 Skål International launched its own ‘Sustainable Tourism Awards’ the same year, to spotlight best practices globally. As a leading international organisation in the Travel and Tourism industry, Skål International has proven to be a strong force for the initiation of change and the encouragement of environmental conservation for both Travel and Tourism progress.
Entry submission can be made in one of the following categories:
- Community and Government Projects
- Countryside and Biodiversity
- Educational programmes and Media
- Major Tourist Attractions
- Marine and Coastal
- Rural Accommodation
- Tour Operators-Travel Agents
- Tourist Transport
- Urban Accommodation
- Skål International Sustainable Tourism Awards are open annually to all public and private sector companies, educational institutions, NGOs, and government agencies.
- All sustainable operations and activities must be implemented by the company, NGO or agency applying for the award.
- Projects that are yet not in operation are not eligible.
- To enhance visibility and get recognition of your outstanding performance in terms of sustainable and responsible tourism.
- To increase your contacts and introduce your products and services to professionals from the tourism industry from all over the world.
- To obtain media coverage among the entire Skål membership worldwide and our international press contacts.
- To get a free certification granted by Biosphere Tourism.
How to Submit?
Interested applicants can submit entries through this link.
- Call for Entries started: Feb 1, 2020
- Deadline for receipt of applications: June 30, 2020
- End of judges evaluation period: Aug 31, 2020
For further details, click here.