Fully Funded SIWI Journalist Grant for Media Professionals [Win a Trip to World Water Week in Stockholm]: Apply by Apr 30
SIWI offers five journalists from low or low-middle income nations the opportunity to visit World Water Week which takes place in Stockholm between August 26 – 31, 2018.
The SIWI Journalist Grant covers:
- Round-trip air ticket to Stockholm, Sweden.
- Public (or equivalent) transport between airport and hotel on arrival and departure.
- Full week registration fee for World Water Week.
- Certain social events during World Water Week.
- Hotel stay during World Water Week.
- Meals on half board during World Water Week.
- Per diem for meals not provided at World Water Week venue.
The SIWI Journalist Grant does not cover:
- Visa, and visa-related costs.
- Any insurance.
- Transport in Stockholm (excluding public transport to and from Arlanda airport).
- Any extras.
- You must be a citizen of a nation listed as a low- or low-middle income country by the World Bank.
- You must be an employee of a media outlet in your country (newspaper, magazine, radio, TV, recognized digital publication) or be able to show proof of continuous freelance journalism activities during the past three years.
- You must have a documented interest in water and water-related issues.
- Since the official language of World Water Week is English, you need to be able to work in English, even if you publish stories in another language.
How to Apply:
Send your application, by email only, to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Monday 30 April, 2018. The application must be in English and include the following:
- Attachments containing scans of, or functioning links to three articles/pieces on water or water-related issues, published in the past three years (2015-2018).
- A brief CV.
- A motivation letter (why you want to visit and cover World Water Week) of maximum 400 words.
Ms Rowena Barber
Outreach & Media Relations
Phone: +46 8 121 360 39
For further information on the same, click here.
About the Author