The Institute of Economic Growth (IEG), Delhi invites applications from meritorious candidates for awarding the Sir Ratan Tata Trust Endowment Fund for Fellowships to young social scientists.
Beginning in October 2006, the Sir Ratan Tata Trust Endowment Fund for awarding fellowships to young social scientists has been created at IEG. One Fellowship named Sir Ratan Tata Fellowship (Junior) will be awarded to undertake research on a well-formulated research project, preferably in one of the areas listed above.
IEG, founded by late Dr. V.K.R.V. Rao in 1952, is a leading social science research institute in India. Its faculty includes well-known researchers in the fields of Environmental and Resource Economics, Globalisation and Technological Change, Macro-economic Policy and Modelling, Industrial Economics, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, Health Policy, Social Change, Population, and Labour and Welfare.
A Fellow will:
- Work full-time on research and not undertake any consultancy work;
- Give one seminar during the academic year on the progress of research;
- Prepare at least one paper per year, which will be disseminated in the form of a Working Paper/ Discussion Paper, after approval by a two-member advisory committee drawn from among the senior faculty members of IEG and/ other institutions; and
- Prepare a six-monthly self-assessment report.
Depending on academic qualifications, the quality of the Ph.D. thesis, and the quality and potential of the proposed research project, a Fellow will get a consolidated monthly stipend of Rs.65,000/- at the level of Assistant Professor and contribution of Rs.6,000/- per annum towards premium for a Mediclaim Policy. The Institute will provide accommodation on Campus to the Fellow from outside Delhi subject to availability, on payment basis as per rules.
The Junior Fellowship at the level of Assistant Professor will be awarded to a promising Indian scholar with a Ph.D. Degree in Economics or Sociology, preferably below 35 years, for a period of two years in the first instance, which may be extended for a further period of one year subject to satisfactory work.
How to Apply?
The applications may be sent to the Academic Programmes Officer with full details of:
- Academic experience;
- Long-term goals;
- A brief overview of research interests at the Ph.D. level and in subsequent years;
- An outline of the proposed research (in not more than 2000 words) indicating the objectives,
- Methodology and the sources of data and abstract;
- A copy of up to three best publications; and names,
- Contact addresses, and
- E-mail addresses of three referees.
Applications should reach the Academic Programmes Officer, Institute of Economic Growth, University of Delhi Enclave, (North Campus), Delhi – 110 007, latest by August 31, 2020 (Email: email@example.com).
For full notification, click the link below.