Sir Ratan Tata Postdoctoral Fellowship @ London School of Economics [Rs. 1.6Lacs/Month, UK]: Apply by Apr 29
The Sir Ratan Tata Post-doctoral Fellowship was established in 1997 at the London School of Economics & Political Science (LSE) in partnership with the Sir Ratan Tata Trust.
The Fellow is expected to engage in social science research broadly on the Economy and Society in India and South Asia with a particular focus on any of the following themes, such that it is integrated with the ongoing research of the India Observatory:
- Sustainable growth and inclusion
- Climate change and environmental sustainability
- Social and human security
- Governance and democracy
- Applicants should have been awarded their PhD – the fellowship is not intended for students registered for a degree or diploma, nor is it intended for senior academics.
- Applicants should be early career researchers working on social science with a focus on South Asia.
- Applicants should be employed with established institutions in the SAARC region which includes Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- The Fellowship is open to candidates residing in South Asia, that is, the SAARC region.
The Sir Ratan Tata Post-doctoral Fellowship is for a period of six months during each academic year, based at the LSE India Observatory.
The Fellow will receive a monthly subsistence allowance of up to £1,750 (Rs. 1,60,016) a month, and will also be provided with shared work space and access to research facilities at the School. Assistance will also be provided towards the cost of travel and related expenses.
Applications should be addressed to: The Fellowships Selection Committee, India Observatory, London School of Economics & Political Science, Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE, UK, and submitted by email as a Word or PDF document to India.Observatory@lse.ac.uk.
The final date for receipt of applications is Monday 29th April 2019. Late applications will not be accepted. The successful candidate will be informed of the decision by the end of July 2019.
For any queries, e-mail: email@example.com
For any further information, visit the page here.
About the Author