Applications are now invited from dedicated Post-Doctoral Researchers for the Sir Henry Dale Fellowships by The Royal Society & Wellcome Trust, UK.
This scheme provides support for postdoctoral researchers who aim to become independent scientists leading their own groups. The scheme is a partnership between the Royal Society and the Wellcome Trust.
- You can apply for a Sir Henry Dale Fellowship if you’re already driving your own research and you’re ready to lead an independent research program.
- You must have a Ph.D. and significant postdoctoral research experience.
- You should have made important contributions to your area of research, eg publications, patents, software development, or an impact on policy.
- You must have sponsorship from a head of department or equivalent at an eligible host organization in the UK. Applicants who want to be based in the Republic of Ireland should apply for a Research Career Development Fellowship instead.
- If you’re proposing to stay in your current department, you should describe in your application how this proposal will further your independent scientific career.
A Sir Henry Dale Fellowship is for five years. It may be held on a part-time basis and you can apply for renewal for an additional three years. The award includes:
- A basic salary determined by your research institution.
- A fellowship supplement of 7500 euros for your personal support.
- personal removal expenses
- research expenses, normally including one research post
- a contribution towards indirect and estate costs of 11,000 euros a year (from the royal society)
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Preliminary application deadline: May 12, 2020
- Full-application deadline: July 16, 2020
- Shortlisted candidate interview: Nov 25-27, 2020
Phone Number: +44 (0)20 7611 8888
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JSMF Postdoctoral Fellowship Awards 2020 at USA [Award Upto Rs 1 Cr]: Apply by June 12.