Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) 2019 to undertake a Ph.D. Program in Singapore.
About the Award:
SINGA is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
Ph.D. training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD.
Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a Ph.D. degree by either NTU, NUS or SUTD.
Research areas under the Ph.D. Programme fall broadly under two categories:
- Biomedical Sciences; and
- Physical Science and Engineering
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
The award provides support for up to 4 years of Ph.D. studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500*
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
* Subject to terms and conditions.
How to apply?
Apply online at this page.
The deadline for applying is June 1, 2019, for the Jan 2020 intake.
For more information, please send an email to singa_enquiries[at]hq.a-star.edu.sg.