Applications are now invited for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) 2022 for Ph.D. Studies in Singapore.
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
Ph.D. training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a Ph.D. degree by either NTU, NUS, or SUTD.
Research areas under the Ph.D. Program fall broadly under two categories:
- Biomedical Sciences; and
- Physical Science and Engineering.
The award provides support for up to 4 years of Ph.D. studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000.
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees.
How to Apply?
Candidates are requested to keep the following documents well prepared in advance:
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred.
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
To apply online for the scholarship, click here. The last date to apply is June 1, 2021.
For full notification, click the link below.