The Simons Foundation invites applications for postdoctoral fellowships to support research on fundamental problems in marine microbial ecology. The foundation is particularly interested in applicants with training in different fields who want to apply their experience to understanding the role of microorganisms in shaping ocean processes, and vice versa, as well as applicants with experience in modeling or theory development.
While these cross-disciplinary applicants will receive particular attention, applicants already involved in ocean research are also encouraged to apply. The foundation anticipates awarding five fellowships in 2019.
- Applicants should have received their Ph.D. or equivalent degree within three years of the fellowship’s start date. Preference will be for applicants with no more than one year of postdoctoral experience.
- Applicants may be citizens of any country.
- Awards can only be issued to nonprofit research universities or research institutions in the U.S.
The award is for three years, contingent upon satisfactory annual progress reports, and will include an annual stipend of $62,000 (Rs. 42,89,780 approx) and an annual allowance of up to $25,000 (Rs. 17,29,750 approx).
The application must include:
- Short summary of prior research experience and a personal autobiographical statement (two pages)
- Brief research proposal with title (two to three pages, plus references and one page for figures)
- Biosketches of the applicant and sponsor, including publications; the applicant should provide full citations.
- Technical abstract
For the complete list, click here.
To apply online, click here. The deadline for proposal submission is June 14, 2019 5:00 p.m. ET.
For any queries, contact
- Program inquiries:
- Administrative inquiries:
- Technical assistance: