Applications are now invited for the Sigma Awards 2021 for Data Journalism.
The Sigma Awards is a competition to celebrate the best data journalism from around the world. Striding into its second year, it’s also here to empower, elevate and enlighten the global community of data journalists.
- To highlight the very best data journalism being done around the world, putting a real focus on those tackling the COVID-19 pandemic. A multitude of compelling projects tackling COVID-19 have been released over the past few months, in all regions of the world.
- To build a community that endures beyond the awards themselves;
- To set up webinars, chats and gather online resources tackling the real urgent issues met by journalists today .
- To use the awards as a way to unite, galvanise and expand data journalism communities around the world. Core to this project is The Sigma Awards team’s ambition to ignite collaborations and discussions between members of our community.
A USD $5000 cash prize will be split among the winners. The latter will also get a certificate and speaking opportunity in Sigma’s online events.
- Entries must be for work published in calendar year 2020.
- Entries should be submitted via our online form.
- Entries must be received by February 1st, 2021 at 11:59pm ET, to qualify.Applicants can enter as many projects as they want to the competition.
- Applicants can enter as many projects as they want to the competition.
- Entries should specify if they qualify as a large or a small newsroom or as an individual, where applicable. Small newsrooms are defined as those with 35 or fewer journalists (including regular freelancers/ contractors), or equivalent (eg, two half-time freelancers count as one person.)
- Organisations that do not qualify under this definition but who believe they belong in the small newsroom category may petition for an exception by sending a letter from the editor-in-chief explaining his or her rationale to Marianne Bouchart, executive director at email@example.com.
- Collaborative work should be entered as a large newsroom.
- Entering organisations grant The Sigma Awards the right to use their material in their entry, including the organisation’s name and logo, on The Sigma Awards website and other marketing material around the awards.
- 2020 has been a special year for all members of the data journalism community, and we expect to receive a large number of entries tackling the COVID-19 pandemic.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is February 1, 2021.
Email ID; firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.