Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Sightsavers India Fellowship Program 2022.
About Sightsavers India Fellowship
The Sightsavers India Fellowship is an opportunity for promising and passionate young ophthalmologists to get trained at some of the leading eye health institutes in India. Alongside, the fellows will get a chance to apply these skills and knowledge in a real-world scenario while being placed under Sightsavers India Eye Health Programme.
The fellows will experience structured skill enhancement and mentoring processes, not just in clinical aspects but also around life skills (non-clinical). This in turn will provide fellows a chance to transform into seasoned professionals with the confidence to conduct safe surgeries and live a meaningful life.
Interaction and exposure with experienced ophthalmologists and other development sector leaders will expand their horizons and help them in acquiring abilities to accomplish their responsibilities with adequate expertise.
Salient Features of the India Fellowship Program
- 24 months journey
- Four months of hands-on surgical and clinical training at leading eye health institutions
- Exciting district postings
- Onsite and remote one-on-one surgical and clinical mentorship
- Life-skills guidance
- Attractive pay and residential facility
- International exposure
The individual should be a post-graduate or a diploma holder in ophthalmology (MS/DNB/DO) from any recognized institute/university in India (current year pass outs are eligible to apply), having sound knowledge on clinical ophthalmology.
High learning orientation, adaptability, professional ethics and emotional resilience.
- Application form submission
- 1st round of shortlisting
- Campus interviews/ Skype calls
- 2nd round of shortlisting
- Referee calls
- Call for final round of interview
- Panel Interview at Delhi
- Final list of selected fellows endorsed by the committee
- Formal induction and orientation of selected candidates
Note: The decision of Sightsavers India management will be final.
- Rs. 35,000 per month: initial four months training period;
- Rs. 65,000 per month: 1st year of field posting;
- Rs. 75, 000 per month: 2nd year of field posting;
- Lump-sum payment upon successful completion of year 1 and 2.
- Mediclaim, accident, term and professional indemnity insurance.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
- Last date of application 30th June 2022
- Fellows will be intimated – via e-mail by July 2022
- Fellowship begins from August 2022
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +91 11 42267202 / +91 9818157997