The Sustainable India Finance Facility (SIFF) is an innovative partnership facilitated by the United Nations Environment Programme, World Agroforestry Centre and BNP Paribas that supports India in promoting inclusive economic development while contributing to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and India’s climate targets as stated in its Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC).
About the Fellowship
The SIFF Fellowships Programme offers bright and young minds from across the world a unique opportunity to work on sustainable finance and interact with a range of stakeholders from the public and private sectors.
Fellows have the chance to learn from experts from institutions like UN Environment, World Agroforestry Centre and BNP Paribas. They receive interdisciplinary guidance that enables them to work on issues such as watersheds and biodiversity conservation in Western India, air quality and renewable energy in Northern India and sustainable smallholder agriculture in Southern India.
The Fellowships Programme provides a real world understanding to Fellows about strategies and projects that can enhance linkages with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and support efforts of national and local governments to meet their inclusive growth and Paris Agreement targets. Each Fellow is assigned a specific focus area in conservation, strategic communications, biodiversity, energy, subsidies, market off-take, innovative finance or agriculture based on their qualifications and interests.
Fellows work on a diverse set of tasks including field visits, data collection, environmental assessments, organizing workshops, participating in meetings, developing policy briefs, authoring mainstream media articles and drafting communication materials.
- Applicants are enrolled in a degree programme in a graduate school (second university degree or higher) at the time of application and during the Fellowship. OR
- Have just completed a graduate or higher-level academic programme and are interested in acquiring project implementation, research and sustainable development experience.
Interested applicants can apply throughout the year. The Fellowships run for 12 months and the specific dates for individual applicants will be discussed during the application process.
The fellowship programme runs on a full-time basis. Fellows are expected to work five days a week under the supervision and mentorship of a staff member. During the fellowship, fellows will be provided with a desk, phone and computer access. Fellows receive a monthly stipend of INR 40,000.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can fill the application form.
- Applications are to be forwarded to the Chief Knowledge Officer, by email (kaavya.varma[at]siffindia.org), as soon as possible but no later than 4 weeks prior to the desired fellowship period.
- Applicants that are selected will be required to sign the “Fellowship agreement for SIFF”, and to provide a medical certificate stating that they are in good health.
Secretariat of the Sustainable India Finance Facility
UN House, 55 Lodhi Estate, New Delhi – 110003, India