About the Course
COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus that leads to severe respiratory illness. The pandemic has resulted in an increasing number of cases, including in India. While the demand for testing is very high, there is a severe shortage of trained persons to carry out these specialized tests.
To help build capacity for the national fight against COVID-19, the CoVid Diagnostic Training Centre is being established at the Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), an autonomous institute of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India (www.jncasr.ac.in). The Centre is offering comprehensive training in molecular clinical diagnostics effective immediately.
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for a short term (one week) residential Training Course designed to impart theoretical knowledge and hands-on expertise in required molecular biology techniques and BSL-2 workflow. Training does not require handling of live SARS-CoV-2 virus. Skills mastered during the course will make trainees adept at performing immune and molecular diagnostic assays in a clinical set up.
- BSc /B.E/BTech or MSc/MTech in any area of biology or biotechnology, preferably MLT (Medical Laboratory Technology) qualified and/or with a background in molecular biology, with a minimum of 60% aggregate score or equivalent CGPA.
- Only persons currently residing in Bangalore Urban and Bangalore Rural districts are eligible to apply.
Not more than 35 years as on 01.04.2020.
- In addition to free boarding & Lodging, a small subsistence allowance of Rs 5000 will be paid to the candidates selected for training.
- A course completion certificate fee of Rs. 1,000/- will be charged from each individual on successful completion of the training.
Expected Start Date
May 15, 2020
01 week, full-time, on-campus at JNCASR.
How to Register?
- Interested candidates may send the application as per the format available here. A statement of interest of not more than 100 words explaining the interest of the candidate in the course is essential (separate sheet/copy to be attached along with the application). Application to be sent by email to email@example.com so as to reach by Monday, May 04 2020.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the online interview.
May 4, 2020
For further details, click here.