The National Human Rights Commission has expressly been mandated to promote Human Rights literacy and awareness vide Section 12 (h) of the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993.
With a view to spread awareness among University students about the need for protection and promotion of Human Rights, the Commission has been regularly conducting ‘Summer and Winter Internship Programmes’ since 1998 and 2000 respectively.
For the month of August, Septmeber, October, November 2019 and February, March 2020, the short term internship programme will commence from the 16th day of the month for 15 days.
During the internship, students are exposed to the functioingof the various deaprtments of the commission. They are also made aware of the process of complaints handling in the commission as well as other issues related to human rights. Out-side visit to various institutions and interaction with domain experts are the other aspects of the internship program.
- Interaction with honourable chairman and members of NHRC.
- Classroom sessions and interactive sessions
- Field visits, declamation & group discussions
- Project work on human rights issues and interaction with NGOs
- Book review on books related on human rights issues
- Films on human rights & discussions.
Rules & Regulations
- NHRC does not charge any fee for internship. However, no stipend is paid for the internship either.
- Arrangement of accomodation during the short term internship programme is to be made by the intern.
- Students who have attended earlier cannot apply.
- Cetificates will be issues at the end on the basis of performance.
- The interns will be given an Identity card.
- Library facilities will be provided.
- Computer internet facilities will be provided.
- Journals, newsletters and publications will be available.
- Tea and snacks will be provided too.
- To download the application form, click here.
- The applications are to be sent to (superscripted in the envelope “Application for short term internship programme”). The SRO(T) Unit, Training Division, Room No. 214, National Human Rights Commission, Maniv Adhikar Bhawan, Block-C, GPO, Complex, I.N.A. New Delhi-110023.
Email ID: email@example.com