Organic-inorganic hybrid perovskite semiconductors have recently revolutionized the field of low cost, solution-processed photovoltaics. It has garnered worldwide interest due to the tremendously high-efficiency numbers in an extremely short time span in comparison to the progress seen in other PV materials.
In just 4 years of research, these materials have enabled a rapid progression of solar cell efficiency from 4 to over 22 %, making this technology competitive with traditional silicon solar cells. The materials are also suitable for use in solution-processed lasers and light-emitting diodes, which satisfy important criterion “good absorbers are good emitters”. The success of this remarkable class of materials lies in its combination of unique optoelectronic properties.
Candidates of this course will be exposed to the understanding of the physics underlying perovskite optoelectronic devices: from material properties to device physics. Useful experimental techniques will be described, and a strong emphasis placed on experimental results from the literature to reflect the rapidly evolving nature of this field.
The use of the cells based on perovskites in a tandem architecture with the well-established Si and thin-film technologies, along with the challenges and possible solution will be discussed. The concerns of large area and stability, which these materials are plagued with, will also be one of the main highlights of this course.
- General Background on PVs
- Introduction to Perovskites Semiconductors
- Charge Generation in Perovskite Semiconductors
- Perovskite as Sensitizer and thin-film material in Solar Cells
- Materials Processing for Perovskite Solar cells
- Characterization Techniques (Basics to advance)
- Design Optimization of Perovskite PVs
- Si-Perovskite Tandem Solar Cells
- Light Emitting Applications
- Summary and Future Outlook
Who can attend?
Students, Researchers, Faculty, Start-Ups and Industry personnel, working in the areas of PV may immensely benefit from this course.
- Academia (College teachers only): INR 12000
- Govt. Organisation: INR 12000
- Industry: INR 18000
- Overseas / Foreign National: INR 25000
- Student (Full Time): INR 6000