As part of the Republic Day Celebrations 2021, the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting along with NFDC is organizing and hosting an Online Short Film Competition to create a patriotic mood surrounding this years’ Republic Day.
The theme for the entries will be ‘Emergence of a New India with a can do, will do attitude’
About the Competition
Upload your film on online streaming sites like Youtube or Vimeo only and paste the link to the film in the comment box as your entry. Films uploaded through Google drive or wetransfer links will not be accepted. Storyboards, scripts as Word or PDF documents or pictures will not be accepted as entries.
The selected Top entries will be awarded Cash Prizes as follows:
- First Prize: INR 1,00,000/-
- Second Prize: INR 50,000/-
- Third Prize: INR 25,000/-
- This contest is open only for Indian Citizens.
- Submissions of the entries for Short Film Contest will commence from 8th January 2021 at 10.00 am till 20th January 2021 at 5.00 p.m.
- Entries are open only for Short Film with a duration of maximum of 3 minutes each.
- The Short Film can be made in any one of the 22 official Indian languages with transcript (in verbatim) in Hindi /English.
- The content of the Short Film should be suitable for Universal viewing.
- Entries without either of these components shall not be eligible for the contest.
- The participant must be the same person who has conceptualized and shot the short film. Strict penal action will be taken against any violation of this clause and may also lead to disqualification from the Contest.
- The submissions should be of original works and no plagiarism will be entertained/considered for evaluation. The participant shall indemnify MoI&B / NFDC for any issue arising out of plagiarism and the participant concerned shall be personally liable for the same.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the competition through this link.
Jan 20, 2021
For more details, click the link below.