The Muhammad Ali Center now invites submissions for its eighth annual Shining a Light International Photography Contest 2020. The Contest and subsequent exhibition will be informed by the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goal (#6), clean water, and sanitation, as it relates to women and gender equality.
The Muhammad Ali Center requests submitted photographs pertinent to the above-described topic. Images should relate to women’s work, lives, sanitation, and hygiene involving water. For more details, please see the section ‘contest theme’.
Shining a Light: Water
“Water scarcity affects more than 40 percent of people, an alarming figure that is projected to rise as temperatures do. Although 2.1 billion people have improved water sanitation since 1990, dwindling drinking water supplies are affecting every continent.” -United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goal 6.
Water as a social issue of gender equality and a United Nation’s Sustainability Development Goal can be explained as having three reasons that emphasize the impact of water availability on women’s lives.
A monetary prize will be awarded to the contestants by the Muhammad Ali Center in recognition of placing first, second, or third in the photo contest.
- 1st Prize: $1000
- 2nd Prize: $750
- 3rd Prize: $500
The monetary prize will be awarded in the form of a check, mailed to the address provided by the winning photographer(s) in care of FedEx Express. The tracking number for the parcel will be provided to the photographer.
- Press Release
- Social Media
- All photographers are welcomed; both amateur and professional.
- Photographers under the age of 18 are required to submit a Parental Consent Form with their submission.
- To limit your submissions to one photograph. Should more than one photograph be submitted, only the first will be accepted for consideration and all other(s) will be discarded.
- Your photograph and name will be displayed by the Muhammad Ali Center, published and/ or used on websites owned and social media sites operated by the Muhammad Ali Center for an indefinite period of time, with appropriate credit line.
- Your picture(s) and name being displayed at other venues for an indefinite period of time.
- Participants retain ownership and all other rights to future use of their photographs, notwithstanding the rights granted above to the Muhammad Ali Center and other exhibition venues.
- The Muhammad Ali Center has the right to verify, at their sole judgment and discretion, winner eligibility.
Call for Submissions
Interested candidates can submit their entries by clicking here. The last date to submit your entries is December 31, 2020.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Sony World Photography Awards 2020 [Prizes Upto Rs. 44 L]: Apply by Jan 7, 2021.