Shastri Indo Canadian Institute India office is pleased to announce Shastri Publication Grant (SPG) for its Indian Members Council (IMC) and Canadian Members Council (CMC) of SICI. The purpose of this grant is to encourage scholarly Publications like books which are critical in nature, festschrifts volumes, working papers, and policy papers.
This is a competitive grant designed to assist the publication on topics relevant to the themes where Shastri Institute promotes research via various activities. Please note that for purposes of all SICI granting programs, ‘research/ training/activity‘ shall be deemed to include creative activity conducted within the structures and programs of a member institution.
Who Can Apply
- Faculty, Researchers and students from Member institutions of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute can apply for the grant.
- For manuscripts written by two or more authors at least half of the authors must be from SICI’s Indian member institution and half of them should be a Canadian Institution.
Works Considered for Publication Grant
- SICI provides grants for the publication of Monographs, Collective works, Critical editions of books and bibliographies, Reference works and documentary collections, Working papers, Policy papers and translation of scholarly works.
- We do not provide grants for the publication of Theses, Conference proceedings, Scholarly journals and articles, Textbooks, Technical reports, Concordances, Memoirs and autobiographies, Original works of Literary creation like Poetry, Fiction and Drama.
- Though conference proceedings are not eligible but an edited collection of individual articles arising from a conference will be considered as collective work in case it is result of a collaborative effort of Indian and Canadian scholars/ researchers/ faculty.
- SICI will consider Works and Documentary Collections, Critical Editions, Bibliographies if they include analytical constituent and makes it an outstanding contribution to scholarship.
- While unrevised theses are not considered for Shastri Publication Grant but a work derived from a thesis will be considered a monograph if it revised thoroughly to sharpen the focus.
- Interested candidates can log in for the same via this page.
- Application Deadline: December 17, 2019 by 5:00pm (IST).
Ms. Reshma Rana Verma (Programme Officer)