The “Shark Tank of Wellness” competition is a unique global challenge in which three university students are rewarded for their most innovative, impactful ideas for the wellness industry.
We define the wellness industry broadly and are looking for innovations in sectors as varied as architecture/design, beauty, education, fitness, hospitality, investment, medicine, nutrition, real estate, spa, technology, travel, tourism, and more. Students are to submit a concept submission form detailing their idea, as well as a short 1-2 minute video presentation of their idea.
The top three finalists will be flown, along with their professors, to the annual Global Wellness Summit (GWS) held October 6-8, 2018 at the Technogym Village in Cesena, Italy. Here, they will present their business idea to the attending Summit delegates — a “who’s who” in the global wellness world. Several business leaders will act as “Wellness Sharks” and ask questions of the students, who will defend their innovation and make a business case for its feasibility.
- The competition is open to both individuals and teams of students over the age of 18 from anywhere in the world.
- The contestant(s) must be an undergraduate student (working towards a one or two year diploma, a four year Bachelor’s degree or a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification) or a graduate/post-graduate student (working towards a masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD degree) in a university or college of distinction at the time they develop and submit their concept.
- The contestant(s) must be either a full-time or part-time student at the university or college.
- Register for the contest online: Anyone interested in participating in the competition must register by completing this Entry Form. Contestants will receive regular updates by email regarding the competition.
- Submit your innovative idea: Please complete the Concept Submission Form no later than June 1, 2018. The form will be provided upon registration and should include a link to your 1-2 minute video presentation.
For any queries, contact
Global Wellness Summit
333 S.E. 2nd Avenue, Suite 2048
Miami, Florida 33131