As part of the 30th Kerala Science Congress a new award SGRF SPARK Award has been instituted for the best innovative idea for ‘Transforming Kerala through Science and Technology’. This award is instituted by SciGenom Research Foundation (SFRF), a not-for-profit organization, promoting Science through Research and Education along with Kerala State Council for Science Technology and Environment (KSCSTE).
Who can participate?
Post-graduate students studying in Kerala colleges who have original, innovative ideas, are invited to submit their ideas for this award.
- Write an original idea of about 1000 words created exclusively for The SGRF SPARK Award.
- The idea must address the topic ‘Transforming the State of Kerala through Science & Technology Interventions’.
- The chosen idea must be specified on the Official Entry Form along with nominations from the Principal in the case of Colleges and Head of the Department in case of University Departments and should be submitted along with the entries.
- Write only about science-based ideas. No matter how well-written and researched, ideas submitted on non-science topics will be disqualified.
- Your ideas must be hand written in English.
- Do NOT put your name, college name or any other personal information in the body of your idea. Enter your name and other personal information only in the designated fields in the Entry Form.
- Title of your idea must appear in the Entry Form box indicated as “Title of Idea” and in the space provided for it in the idea box. Do not use foot notes or end notes.
- Your idea must include a bibliography of source material to be written at the end of your text in the Official Entry Form.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Ideas will be carefully reviewed by multiple judges and checked for plagiarism.
- Proof read your idea carefully. Your idea will be judged not only on the science and relevance to Kerala, but also on creativity, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- If you really wish to include illustrations, graphics, or diagrams you are free to do it, but sufficient explanations must be provided.
- Duly completed entries along with nomination form may be sent to Dr. N. S. Pradeep, SGRF Spark Award Competition, Kerala State Council for Science Technology & Environment (KSCSTE), Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 695004. Entries received after the due dates will not be considered for the award. Envelope containing the nomination form and entry form must be superscribed with SGRF Spark Award Competition.
Winner will be given a Citation, Memento and Cash Award of Rs. 25,000/-
Award will be announced on January 15, 2018 and the awards will be given away during the inaugural session of 30th Kerala Science Congress to be held at Govt. Brennan College, Thalassery, Kannur on 28th January 2018.
How to apply?
In order to apply for the award, the candidates must submit the Official Entry Form along with nominations and their creative idea for ‘Transforming the State of Kerala through Science & Technology Interventions’ in the prescribed format available in the website.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2017.
Dr. N. S. Pradeep
SGRF Spark Award Competition
Kerala State Council for Science Technology & Environment (KSCSTE)
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 695004
For further details on the same, click here.