The Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB), Govt. of India invites applications for the Technology Translation Award (TETRA) 2021.
SERB-TETRA (Technology Translation Award) is a new scheme for catalyzing technology translation in an academic setting. Translation research has gained considerable focus as it has the potential to elevate results from fundamental research to a given technology readiness level, in turn catalyzing symbiotic growth of institutional infrastructure to offer a platform for scale-up of entrepreneurial ventures, supported by a variety of funding mechanisms.
SERB-TETRA will challenge scientists executing SERB grants, such as CRG, to establish an effective, functional, and synergistic working collaboration with an industry partner to elevate their breakthrough results and technologies to TRL level 5 and beyond. It is implicit that PIs would have obtained the necessary patents and IPR.
- Submissions under TETRA can be made only by PIs of ongoing research grants and all extramural grants completed in the last three years, where PI holds or applied for a patent.
- Applicants [Principal Inventor (PI) and/ or Co-Inventor(s)] should be Indian citizens. Foreign nationals (including OCI and NRI) are also eligible to apply provided they fulfill the eligibility criteria notified by SERB (SERB Funding Guidelines for foreign nationals dated 27th Oct 2016).
- The applicant(s) must hold a regular academic/ research position in a recognized academic institution or national laboratory or in any other recognized R&D institution in India with at least 3 years of service remaining.
- Private Academic institutions with valid UGC/ AICTE/ PCI approval, Private R&D Institutions with valid DSIR-SIRO recognition, and Voluntary and Non- Governmental Organizations registered under the NITI-AAYOG Darpan portal are eligible to host a project.
- The PI and Co-Investigator(s) should hold a Ph.D. degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or M.D./ M.S./ M.D.S./ M.V.Sc degree at the time of applying for a grant.
- The funding will be provided normally for a period of two years.
- The award will entail an unstructured budget of up to 15 lakhs per year (without international travel), including overhead.
- An applicant is eligible to apply only one proposal during a call (as a PI or Co-PI).
- Any proposal technically rejected should not be resubmitted without any substantial revision to any schemes or programs of the SERB.
- Not more than one project is allowed at any given time as a Principal Inventor under the program TETRA.
- The proposals will be evaluated through a stringent peer-review process by a suitable Programme Advisory Committee.
- The selection will be based on the recommendations of the Program Advisory Committee (PAC) constituted by the Board.
- If required, the applicants may be called for discussion/ presentation.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
After successful registration, the user will be sent a confirmation mail on the registered email id. The user must click on the URL provided in the mail to confirm registration. After log-in, the applicant(s) are required to fill all the mandatory fields in the Profile Detail section under User Profile. which includes Bio-data, Photo, Institute Address, etc.
For full notification, click the link below.