Applications are invited for SERB-Technology Translation Award (TETRA) 2021. The last date of application is 30 September 2021.
SERB-TETRA (Technology Translation Award) is a new scheme for catalizing technology translation in academic setting. Translation research has gained considerable focus as it has the potential to elevate results from fundamental research to a given technology readiness level, in turn catalyzing symbiotic growth of institutional infrastructure to offer a platform for scale-up of entrepreneurial ventures, supported by a variety of funding mechanisms. SERB-TETRA will challenge scientists executing SERB grants, such as CRG, to establish an effective, functional and synergistic working collaboration with an industry partner to elevate their breakthrough results and technologies to TRL level 5 and beyond. It is implicit that PIs would have obtained necessary patents and IPR.
TETRA Support will help entities having successful ideas to kickstart new venture processes. With a seed capital, flexible working spaces and interaction between mentor and startup entrepreneurs, the SERB-TETRA will expand the scope by providing numerous networking opportunities, followed by presenting the finished prototype to an audience of large investors, established MSMEs and private companies, and public sector enterprises.
SERB-TETRA would be awarded to select PIs who have clearly demonstrated translational potential of their research (patents, etc.) and have established contact with industrial partners for fast-track graduation to a prototype stage and beyond. PIs would have also identified technology incubators in their own institution or in the vicinity who could support their endeavors. It is envisaged that a well-defined strategy to augment research innovation, via technology incubators, will add value to the CRG and other funding mechanisms supported by SERB.
- Submissions under TETRA can be made only by PIs of ongoing research grants and all extramural grants completed in last three years, where PI holds or applied for a patent.
- Applicants [Principal Inventor (PI) and / or Co-Inventor(s)] should be Indian citizens. Foreign nationals (including OCI and NRI) are also eligible to apply provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria notified by SERB (SERB Funding Guidelines for foreign nationals dated 27th Oct 2016).
- The applicant(s) must hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized academic institution or national laboratory or in any other recognized R&D institution in India with at least 3 years of service remaining.
- Private Academic institutions with valid UGC / AICTE / PCI approval, Private R&D Institutions with valid DSIR-SIRO recognition and Voluntary and Non- Governmental Organizations registered under NITI-AAYOG Darpan portal are eligible to host a project.
- The PI and Co-Investigator(s) should hold Ph.D. degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering or M.D / M.S. / M.D.S. / M.V.Sc degree at the time of applying for grant.
Applicant should first register into the online website. click here to register.
- The funding will be provided normally for a period of two years.
- The award will entail an unstructured budget up to 15 lakhs per year (without international travel), including overhead.
- An applicant is eligible to apply only one proposal during a call (as a PI or Co-PI).
- Any proposal technically rejected should not be resubmitted without any substantial revision to any schemes or programs of the SERB.
- Not more than one project is allowed at any given time as a Principal Inventor under the program TETRA.
- The Call for applications will be notified through the website “www.serbonline.in” and “www.serb.gov.in”. The application form along with a proper research proposal highlighting the research work to be undertaken should be submitted online through the website “www.serbonline.in”.
- The proposals will be evaluated through a stringent peer-review processes by a suitable Programme Advisory Committee.
- The selection will be based on the recommendations of Program Advisory Committee (PAC) constituted by the Board. If required, the applicants maybe called for discussion/ presentation.
Dr. Pramod Kumar Prasad, Scientist ‘D’
You may also be interested in: