The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) of India invites nominations from eminent scientists and professionals for the Science & Technology Award for Research (SERB-STAR) Award for the year 2020-21.
SERB Science and Technology Award for Research (SERB-STAR) is a prestigious award instituted by SERB to recognize and reward outstanding performance of Principal Investigators (PIs) of SERB Projects. SERB has been supporting basic research in frontier areas of science and engineering through its various programs and schemes.
The number of researchers under the ambit of SERB has increased over the years and they contribute significantly towards the progress of science and engineering in the country through their research endeavor. SERB-STAR is an initiative to acknowledge such exemplary contributions in research and also to motivate the PIs of ongoing projects for outstanding performance.
- Fellowship of Rs. 15,000/- per month, a research grant of Rs. 10 lakh per annum and Rs.1 lakh per annum as overhead charges for a period of three years.
- Up to 30 awards per year and not more than 90 at any time
- The nominee should have completed the individual-centric SERB project in the previous three financial years with “Excellent” grading. Only the PI of such projects and not the Co-PIs shall be eligible.
- The applicant must hold a regular academic/ research position in a recognized academic institution or national laboratories or any other recognized R&D institutions.
- The age of the nominee should be within 40 to 50 years as on December 31 of the year in which the call is made.
- PIs who have an ongoing fellowship/honorarium such as JC Bose Fellowship, Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize, Swarnajayanti Fellowship, etc. are not eligible.
- Individuals who are nominated for SERB STAR but are unsuccessful can be renominated for consideration in the following year subject to fulfilling other eligibility criteria.
Call for Nominations
Interested candidates can submit their nominations online by clicking here.
The nomination shall be made by the Head of the Institution of the nominee. The selection by a competent committee will be based on the performance of completed projects and other research work would carry a top-up weightage. The last date to submit your nominations is July 27, 2020.
Phone Number: +91-11-40000358
For further details, click here.