Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) is expanding its reach across wider sections of the research community through new initiatives since its inception. It strives for promoting excellence in research together with equity and inclusiveness.
A successful step towards facilitating equal participation of weaker sections of society in research and development is the initiation of a special scheme titled Empowerment and Equity Opportunities for Excellence in Science (EMEQ).
- To provide research support to scientists belonging to the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe in undertaking research in newly emerging and frontier areas of science and engineering including multidisciplinary fields.
- To involve scientists belonging to the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe in national S & T development process.
- The scheme is open to Indian nationals only.
- Should be an active researcher belonging to the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe category working on regular basis in academic institutions/national labs or any other recognized R&D institutions in the field of Science and Engineering.
- The applicant should have at least three years of service remaining before superannuation as on the date of submission of the proposal.
- Researchers/Scientists who are having an ongoing project under this program as on the date of submission of the proposal are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply Online:
For successful online submission of the application the following points may be noted:
- Applicant(s) should first register into the online website click here to register
- After log-in, go to Menu –> Proposal Submission –> Form Submission. Select scheme “Empowerment and Equity Opportunities for Excellence in Science” and Click on “Start Submission” Button.
- Some of the details of your proposal like Project Title (max 500 characters), Project summary (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of project (max 1500 characters), Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters), Budget (Manpower,Consumables,Travel, Equipment, Contingency, Overheads ) have to be entered at the time of proposal submission.
- Other relevant information of the proposal has to be uploaded in single PDF file not more than 10 MB as other technical document (OTD)