Application for support to undertake research training during the doctoral research in Overseas Universities on a competitive mode is sought from eligible researchers.
- The scheme is open to Indian nationals only.
- The applicant should have registered for full-time Ph.D. Degree in any of the recognized Institutions / Universities in India in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (including Medicine, Pharma, Agriculture and related S&T areas) disciplines.
- Should have received an offer letter from a reputed overseas institution to carry out research for a specified duration. The host supervisor should provide an official confirmation that they will host the student detailing the period of stay and other requirements.
- Part-time and sponsored students are not considered under the Program. Also students who have submitted their thesis for award of the Degree of Ph.D. are not eligible to apply.
Each selected PhD student will:
- Spend up to 12 months at Purdue with an option to apply for an extension of up to 6 additional months (through a competitive process)
- Plan to arrive at Purdue in August 2020.
- Travel with a J1 visa (research as primary activity, no courses)
- Receive a $2000 (Rs. 1,41,921 approx) per month stipend from SERB to Indian bank account to cover travel/living costs.
- Remain enrolled in the PhD program at their home institution.
Applications are invited from Ph.D. students to work with Overseas Institutions who had signed an Agreement / MoU with SERB for student mobility.
To apply fill the online application form before 11:59 PM IST on February 19, 2020.
For any queries, contact
Programme Coordinator, Overseas VDF,
Science and Engineering Research Board
5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor,
Vasant Square Mall,
Sector-B, Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj